Monday, July 15, 2013

I've Been UPSIZED: Chapter 14

I Need to Get Out More!

Since being downsized, I’ve had a lot of time for personal reflection. I’ve thought, blogged, thought some more, written articles, and spent quality time with old number one. Me, myself and I have had some good times together. I mean, I’m a pretty interesting person, right? But, like a good friend who grows tiresome after too much togetherness, I decided I needed a break from myself!

So, last week I got dressed up (out of sweats), and told my husband we were going out. Where? I didn’t care! With whom? Doesn’t matter! Just, please, get me away from myself! We had dinner with friends, but eventually I had to go home to myself. Bummer. I think myself and I have just run out of conversation!

The Power of Working Relationships

Back in my corporate days, surrounded by busy cubicles of co-workers, there was always someone to stop by, run into, or seek out for a good chat. Although I’m busy now managing Marketing Flexibility, my office colleagues include a Golden Retriever and a goldfish named Speckles. I used to have coffee breaks with co-workers. Now I have afternoon Milk-Bone breaks.

Time to Get Back in the Game!

The good news is, Marketing Flexibility has been busy! The downside is that it hasn’t left much time for networking or socializing. So, I’m on a mission to make and renew connections in an effort to spend less time with myself! Today, I took an hour out of my day to have lunch with an old friend. I came back feeling refreshed and inspired to churn out some work.

Never underestimate the power of connection. If you’re up for a Milk-Bone - er, coffee, drop me a line!

Kristina Marsh is an accomplished marketing, communications, and business process leader.  In 2013, she launched Marketing Flexibility, LLC, a flexible, strategic marketing resource company. Want to connect? You can reach me at kris@marketingflexibility.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment